PRODUCT DESCRIPTION - Tina Davies Professional Aftercare
Tina Davies Professional Aftercare is a water-based gel wound dressing for use in moist wound care management. The wound dressing gel contains silver that may help inhibit the growth of microorganisms within the dressing. Tina Davies Professional Aftercare has been evaluated in standard tests that show that it can reduce the levels of common microorganisms, including staphylococcus aureus, pseudomonas aeruginosa, escherichia, coli, candida albicans, and aspergillus niger. (USP <51>).
INDICATIONS FOR USE
For topical management of:
• Minor Cuts
• 1st and 2nd Degree Burns
• Skin Irritations
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
1. Wash your hands with soap and water before touching the wound.
2. Carefully clean the wound using soap and water or an appropriate commercial brand of wound cleanser.
3. Dispense Tina Davies Professional Aftercare onto an appropriate clean applicator (such as a tongue depressor or gauze) in a sufficient amount to liberally cover the wound. Cover the gel with an appropriate secondary dressing cover such as a gauze non-woven adhesive secondary dressing.
CHANGING THE DRESSING
1. Carefully remove the secondary dressing from the wound.
2. Residual Tina Davies Professional Aftercare may be removed with the cover dressing.
3. Follow instructions above to re-apply the gel.
FREQUENCY OF CHANGE
Tina Davies Professional Aftercare should normally be changed every 24 hours, but the frequency will depend on the type and condition of the wound.
1. Consult with a healthcare professional if you have any concerns or questions about the wound.
2. Be alert for signs of wound infection. These can include: • Pus or cloudy fluid draining from the wound • Increased redness around the wound • Wound has become extremely tender • Increased Pain or swelling 48 hours after the wound occurred • Onset of fever • Wound has not healed within 10 days from the date of the injury.
3. Tina Davies Professional Aftercare is designed for use on any part of the body except for oral and ophthalmic use. Consult a healthcare professional before using the gel in any other manner.
Store at room temperature
Manufactured for: Tina Davies Professional, Toronto Canada